RSS
Facebook
Twitter

الثلاثاء، 19 فبراير 2013


Nikola Mirotic was named Player of the Week for La Liga Endesa’s Week 21 after his spectacular performance against Basquet Manresa: 23 points, nine rebounds and 34 PER. The home-grown player, who wins the honor for the second time this season, gave his thanks for the award and said: “My goal when I step onto the court is to help my team; I felt good and my teammates sought me out”.
The Real Madrid player proved once again his enormous ability on the court, leading the team managed by Pablo Laso to their twentieth win this season in La Liga Endesa. He explained how it felt on the court: “Everyone enjoyed the game, us and the fans. I played a good game, I felt good and my teammates sought me out. El Chacho racked up 14 assists. I’m happy with the game and this is yet another reason to keep working”. 

Mirotic racked up 10 points, three rebounds and two blocks in the first quarter, a mere prelude to a new display from the Real player. He had a 34 PER in the first 26 minutes of play as a result of his 24 points, nine rebounds, three blocks, a recuperation and four fouls. This is his second time as Player of the Week after being honored with the title in the second week of league play when he managed a 46 PER against the Blancos de Rueda Valladolid. “It’s the second time this year. I hope that there are many more, although that’s not the goal. The goal is, when I step on the court, to help my team. There are days that you score more points and days that you score less, you have to rebound, pass the ball. Today is a day that I had to lead more and I was also on target on rebounds”, said the player. 

The Real power forward, a nightmare for Basquet Manresa, described the win against the Catalan team as “very important. After two loses it was obvious that we needed to win and have fun and that’s what we did. We made easy counterattacks. The truth is that we played the entire 40 minutes really well”. Mirotic also explained that it was a victory that gave the team a boost in morale: “Without a doubt, we’ve got our groove back after this win. Today it was clear what our goal was, to win the game, have fun and boost morale. There’s a long way to go in the season and what we want is to take it game by game and win and have fun together with our fans”. 
Mirotic also had words for newcomer Alberto Martin, home-grown player to home-grown player: “We’re really happy, above all for Alberto’s debut; he was training with us for a few days and we were pleased that he had a few minutes of play. I congratulated him and told him from the first moment that he was called up that he was definitely going to play. That’s what happened in the end. He was calm; too bad he couldn’t score a basket”. 

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

HALA MADRID

  • Blogger Templates

  • Unordered List

  • More Text