RSS
Facebook
Twitter

الأربعاء، 20 فبراير 2013


Savoring a sweet moment. Sergio Rodriguez, El Chacho, who got 14 assists in his last game against Basquet Manresa, has found his place. Pablo Laso was confident that his style would gel with the team’s fast way of playing that he had devised in his head and he was right. Now, the point guard from the Canaries is enjoying his best form with the Whites and that is what he told the program 6.75. "I have worked hard, but it is also a matter of confidence with my coaches and teammates, knowing that you can miss and not being afraid of it", said the point guard from the Canaries, who is confident that the home court advantage will help them to get into the playoffs in the Euroleague: "You can tell when the Palacio de los Deportes crowd is behind you and supporting".
It was important to get back to winning ways against Basquet Manresa...
It was a game that went pretty well from the beginning. We came into it after losing two games in which we didn’t play that well in every aspect, but in which we competed and missed out right at the end. I think it is good time to start again with the good run.
On a personal note, you had a great game with 14 assists, nine of them in the first quarter...
I felt good. Yes, it is true that my teammates have to score them and they were very accurate in the first quarter. We got more than 30 points. Everything went well from the beginning. We had to get that good feeling back and we did.
You fell one short of the Real Madrid assist record. Did you know who holds it?
Laso's record was not something that I knew about. I heard afterwards. I am very happy, but not all of the merit should go to me because my teammates had to score them.
You’re going through one of your best runs of form since you’ve been at Real Madrid...
This year is very long, more than others, because of all of the Euroleague games that we’re going to play and we will have been under a lot of pressure for a long period of time. The team has a lot of talent and there are times in the season when some players feel better, but there are always people who can come on at any time to help out. I have worked hard, but it is also a matter of confidence with my coaches and teammates, knowing that you can miss and not being afraid of it.
It coincides with your high three-pointer percentage, which is around 50% in the league...
I feel good, I have worked as much as I can to improve my shooting and they have been going in for me lately. It is a high percentage, but I think that it will balance out.
You’ve played 41 games and have only six losses. Do you think people are getting nervous because of the last two?
Who is nervous? You can talk a lot about it, but we have to stay focused and concentrate on doing things well. We are having a very good year and being fairly consistent. It is true, that it wound us up not winning the Copa del Rey. Ignoring that game, that we could have won, earlier in the season we were 20-1 in the league and 6-1 in the Top 16 with the big teams that there are in there

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

HALA MADRID

  • Blogger Templates

  • Unordered List

  • More Text